Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) Program.
The VETiS programs allows secondary schools such as Harvester Technical College to deliver nationally recognised pre-vocational/pre-apprenticeship qualifications to senior secondary students as part of the senior program.
The Program is structured to be delivered a half a day a week over two years. Harvester students as well as students from neighbouring secondary schools participate in these programs.
The programs usually involve a Structured Work based Learning Placement of a minimum of two weeks in an approved related industry worksite. Aspects of course Units of Competence are mapped to participation on the placement.
From 2014, with the opening of the College’s new start of the art Trade Training Centre, Harvester delivers Certificate II pre-apprenticeship programs as part of a network of local Colleges.
HTC VETiS Offerings:
- Certificate II in Engineering (22209VIC)
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (22261VIC)
- Certificate II in Plumbing (22138VIC)
- Certificate II in Building and Construction (22216VIC)
- Certificate II in Business (BSB20115)
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media & Technology (ICT30115)