Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-vocational)
Harvester’s Electro-Technology program is a cutting edge course designed to equip students with superior skills in electro-technology and grant entry into a career in the electrical trades.
This pre-vocational course will provide the opportunity for those wishing to gain employment in the electrotechnology industry with the required prerequisite knowledge and skills to gain access to a wide range of apprenticeships offered within this industry.
In particular, the course provides training in basic electrical theory, electrical workshop practices, wiring and basic installation skills, the use of hand and power tools and an overview of the electrotechnology industry and the range of occupations within it.
Overview: The 22261VIC Certificate II in Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-vocational) has between 458-478 total nominal hours. The qualification consists of 10 core units/modules which total 338 hours and elective units/modules to make up 120-140hours. The full-time program is delivered and taught across 1 whole school year.
Delivery method: Students are taught across the whole school year (Self Paced = 88.5hrs; Training = 356.4hrs, Assessment = 20.90hrs & External Delivery = 12hrs) consisting of face to face teaching and practical workshop activities.
Teaching method: All delivery is via the exposition teaching strategy / style (lecture – demonstrate model).
Pathways: There are no formal arrangements in place for the Certificate II in Electrotechnology Studies (Pre-vocational).
However, graduates of the course will gain credits for the endorsed units of competency in nineteen set 1 apprenticeship qualifications from the UEE11 – Electrotechnology and UET12– Transmission, Distribution and Rail Sector Training Packages. These are:
- UEE30111 Certificate III in Business Equipment
- UEE30211 Certificate III in Computer Systems Equipment
- UEE30311 Certificate III in Custom Electronics Installations
- UEE30411 Certificate III in Data and Voice Communications
- UEE30611 Certificate III in Electrical Machine Repair
- UEE30711 Certificate III in Switchgear and Control Gear
- UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
- UEE30911 Certificate III in Electronics and Communications
- UEE31011 Certificate III in Fire Protection Control
- UEE31111 Certificate III in Gaming Electronics
- UEE31211 Certificate III in Instrumentation and Control
- UEE31411 Certificate III in Security Equipment
- UEE31511 Certificate III in Rail – Communications and Networks
- UEE32111 Certificate III in Appliance Service
- UEE32211 Certificate III in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration
- UET30512 Certificate III in ESI – Transmission Overhead
- UET30612 Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems – Distribution Overhead
- UET30712 Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems – Rail Traction
- UET30812 Certificate III in ESI – Power Systems – Distribution Cable Jointing
|Subject name||Code||Unit Title||Core / Specific||Hours Nominal|
|OHS||CPCCOHS1001A||Work safely in the construction industry||Core||6|
|HLTAID002||Provide basic emergency life support||Core||12|
|UEENEEE101A||Apply occupational health and safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace||Core||20|
|Workshop project||UEENEEE102A||Fabricate, assemble and dismantle utilities industry components||Core||40|
|UEENEEE122A||Carry out preparatory energy sector work activities||Specific||60|
|UEENEEE142A||Produce products for carrying out energy sector work activities||Core||80|
|Electrical Principles||UEENEEE103A||Solve problems in ELV single path circuits||Core||40|
|UEENEEE130A||Provide solutions and report on routine electrotechnology problems||Core||60|
|Installation project work||UEENEEE148A||Carry out routine work activities in an energy sector environment||Core||40|
|UEENEEE141A||Use of routine equipment plant technologies in an energy sector environment||Specific||80|
|Material Selection||UEENEEE179A||Identify and select components, accessories and materials for energy sector work activities||Core||20|
|UEENEEE105A||Fix and secure electrotechnology equipment||Core||20|